Simple tuna and potato salad
It’s near the end of the month and the fridge is getting empty. It’s always one of the times when you rely on what is left in the fridge and cupboard and you just have to go with whatever you’ve got. I know potato salad isn’t a new recipe everyone should go crazy about, but it is super simple, super tasty and is a filling salad.
This recipe only uses a few ingredients and took about thirty minutes to make. If had pre-cooked the potatoes, it would have taken me about 10 minutes to knock together.
It’s a dish that is light enough if you don’t fancy anything too heavy but satisfying enough to make you feel like you have eaten a good meal.
Tuna and Potato Salad
- 160 g Tuna Chunks 1 tin, In spring water
- 250 g Miniature Potatoes
- 4 tbsp Light Mayonnaise
- 50 g Fresh pepper Finely chopped
- 30 g Onion Finely Sliced
- 25 g Cucumber Finely chopped
- ¼ tsp Dried chilli flakes
- 1 pinch Salt and Pepper
- Add the potatoes to a large pan of boiling water and boil for 20 minutes or until softened.250 g Miniature Potatoes
- Drain the potatoes and submerge in cold water until cold
- In a bowl add the fresh pepper, onion and cucumber50 g Fresh pepper, 30 g Onion, 25 g Cucumber
- Add to the bowl the Tuna chunks and season with salt and pepper, then mix lightly160 g Tuna Chunks, 1 pinch Salt and Pepper
- Drain and add the cold potatoes to the bowl250 g Miniature Potatoes
- Add the mayonnaise and chilli flakes then mix well ensuring you dont break the tuna chunks too much4 tbsp Light Mayonnaise, ¼ tsp Dried chilli flakes
- Spoon onto a plate or bowl and enjoy