I thought I’d knock up something new for the family to try. With a Mediterranean twist. I made Mediterranean Chicken Conchiglie and they loved it.
More Pasta Please
I’ve said it before. We love pasta in my household. Anything we can add pasta to, we’ll more than likely eat it. So far, every recipe I’ve put on my blog contains pasta. Some would think I’m only able to cook pasta. I’m not, I can cook a lot of delicious food. I just think pasta is a great ingredient, it can add sustenance to a dish. Pasta also absorbs flavours like a sponge so it makes your mouth water with every bite.
A lot of pasta dishes are also quick and easy. And as a parent, that’s what you need, quick, easy, nutritional food. But home-cooked!
This recipe took approx. an hour to cook from prep to serving, but you could prep the night before, so you’ll be looking around 30-40 minutes of cooking time.
Mediterranean Chicken Conchiglie.
- 350 g Conchiglie Pasta shell
- 600 g Diced Chicken Fillets
- 1 Medium Onion finely chopped
- 3 Garlic Cloves Crushed
- 1 Large Carrot roughly sliced
- ½ Fresh Pepper Colour of your choice, roughly sliced
- 250 ml Chicken Stock
- 250 ml Tomato Passata
- 1 packet Mediterranean Herbs
- 1 tbsp Plain flour
- 1 tbsp Olive oil extra virgin
- In a Large none stick pan add 1tbsp of Oil
- Lightly fry the chopped onion and crushed garlic until onions are translucent.
- Add the diced chicken and fry until thoroughly cooked through.
- Add the seasoning to your taste.
- Add the peppers and carrots to the pan and mix well.
- Once everything is thoroughly mixed through, sprinkle a little of the plain flour over the contents of the pan and mix well
- Add 250ml of chicken stock and stir well
- Allow to simmer for a few minutes, the sauce will now start to thicken slightly.
- Add the pasta to a large pan of boiling water and cook as per instructions.
- Whilst the pasta is cooking, add 250ml of tomato passata to the chicken and mix well.
- Add a table spoon of the boiling pasta water to the pan and mix well.
- Allow to simmer until the conchiglie pasta has cooked.
- Drain the cooked pasta and add to the chicken, mix well ensuring all of the pasta is coated in the sauce.
- Allow to simmer for a 10 minutes, the sauce will slightly reduce and become smooth.
- Serve and Tuck in!
Have you tried this recipe? Let me know in the comments and give it a rating.