Lemon Chicken with Spring Onions is a luscious tangy recipe to get your mouth watering. Succulent oven steamed chicken breasts bursting with flavour alongside sweet roasted vegetables.
I wanted to try something different, Healthy and light. So I told the family what I was cooking and they seemed intrigued. I was probably onto a winner with this one, as I know they all like chicken. The issue I would run into was the ‘lemon’ part of the recipe. Lemon Chicken, I know my family definitely don’t like it. So I added some additional flavours that would compliment the lemon flavour. The meal was an absolute winner.
Lemon Chicken with Spring Onions.
- 4 Large Chicken Breasts
- 5 Spring Onions Chopped
- 1 Lemon
- 6 Tbsp Olive Oil
- 2 Tbsp White wine
- 1 Pinch Dried chilli & Garlic
- Salt and Pepper To season
- Vegetables of your choice for roasting
- Preheat your oven to 180°/gas mark 6.
- Add to a bowl: Juice of the whole lemon, chopped spring onions, 2 tbsp olive oil, 2 tbsp of wine, a pinch of salt, pepper, chilli and garlic.
- Mix ingredients together lightly. Ensure it is well mixed.
- Chop your chosen vegetables roughly and place them into a medium-sized oven dish.
- Drizzle the remaining olive oil over the vegetables and season with salt and pepper.
- Place the chicken breasts into a medium-sized oven dish.
- Spoon the spring onion dressing over each chicken breast and cover the dish tightly with foil.
- Place both the chicken and vegetables in the oven for 35-40 minutes.
- Remove from oven and serve 1 chicken breast with a good spoon full of delicious roast veg. per person