I’m spicing things up a little bit, with this Chicken Tikka Pasta Bake. A quick, simple, and delicious intercontinental mix recipe.
Well, I’ve managed to get my family to like Chicken Tikka Masala. It only took nearly 14 years. I’m not complaining, it gives me the chance to cook more adventurous food.
I thought I’d try something different, so I added pasta into the mix, literally. The results were quite nice actually. A baked Chicken Tikka Masala with pasta. As I keep saying in a lot of my recipes, pasta is fantastic, it absorbs so much flavour.
Chicken Tikka Pasta Bake
- 450 g Fusilli Pasta
- 650 g Diced Chicken
- 450 g grated cheese
- 1 Medium Onion Diced
- 2 Garlic cloves finely chopped/crushed
- 2 Medium Carrots thinly sliced
- 1 tbsp oil coconut works best, but vegetable oil is fine
- 1 packet Tikka Masala Curry Spice
- 1 jar Tikka Masala Sauce
- Add 1tbsp of oil to a large pan.
- Lightly fry the onions and garlic to flavour the oil.
- Add the sliced carrots and diced chicken to the pan.
- Season the chicken with the Tikka spice (to taste)
- Fry the chicken over medium heat until thoroughly cooked.
- Turn the heat down to a low heat and add the Tikka Sauce and mix well.
- Add the pasta to a large pan of boiling water, cook per instructions.
- Heat oven to 200c/180c fan/gas 5.
- Drain the pasta once cooked.
- Mix the pasta and Tikka Masala together, ensure its well mixed.
- Pour the mixture into a large oven prove dish.
- Sprinkle the grated cheese over the Chicken Tikka Pasta.
- Bake in the oven for 20 minutes, or until the cheese is golden and bubbling.