Chicken Carbonara is a quick and simple Italian dish. With diced succulent chicken and a smooth creamy sauce.
Another favourite recipe in our house is Chicken Carbonara. Its another pasta dish, but pasta is a really versatile food item. It cooks fast and is brilliant at absorbing flavours, such as sauces to make your dish truly mouth watering, until the plate is clear.
- 4 rashers of Unsmoked Bacon diced
- 600 g Mini Chicken Fillets diced
- 1 Medium onion diced
- 2 Garlic Cloves crushed
- 3 egg yolks
- 300 ml Double cream
- 450 g dried Spaghetti
- Salt and Pepper for seasoning
- Bring a large pan of water to the boil
- Whisk together the Cream and egg yolks
- Heat a large frying pan to a medium heat
- Fry bacon, onions and garlic until bacon is crispy and remove from pan
- Add chicken to the same pan as you fried the bacon in
- lightly season the chicken and fry until thoroughly cooked – approx 3-4 minutes
- While the chicken is cooking, add the spaghetti to the boiling water
- Cook spaghetti for just under 10 minutes ( it will continue to cook when you add it to the sauce)
- Once the chicken is cooked add the pasta and bacon to the same pan and toss together.
- Add the cream mixture to the pan and 3 table spoons of the boiling pasta water to the pan. Toss together for 5 minutes or until the sauce is at a desired consistency.
Have you tried this recipe? Let me know how you got on in the comments below.