Jump to recipe
Chicken Carbonara is a quick and simple Italian dish. With diced succulent chicken and a smooth creamy sauce.
Another favourite recipe in our house is Chicken Carbonara. Its another pasta dish, but pasta is a really versatile food item. It cooks fast and is brilliant at absorbing flavours, such as sauces to make your dish truly mouth watering, until the plate is clear.
- 4 rashers of Unsmoked Bacon diced
- 600g Mini Chicken Fillets diced
- Medium onion
- 2 Garlic Cloves
- 3 egg yolks
- 300ml Double cream
- 450g Spaghetti
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Bring a large pan of water to the boil
- Whisk together the Cream and egg yolks
- Heat a large frying pan to a medium heat
- Fry bacon, onions and garlic until bacon is crispy and remove from pan
- Add chicken to the same pan as you fried the bacon in
- lightly season the chicken and fry until thoroughly cooked – approx 3-4 minutes
- While the chicken is cooking, add the spaghetti to the boiling water
- Cook spaghetti for just under 10 minutes ( it will continue to cook when you add it to the sauce)
- Once the chicken is cooked add the pasta and bacon to the same pan and toss together.
- Add the cream mixture to the pan and 3 table spoons of the boiling pasta water to the pan. Toss together for 5 minutes or until the sauce is at a desired consistency.
Slightly under cook the pasta. It will continue cooking in the sauce, so take care not to overcook it.
Remember to keep hold of some of the pasta water. It will help make the sauce nice and smooth.
Goes great with a side of garlic bread
© 2021 Copyright The Northern Dad Blog
Have you tried this recipe? Let me know how you got on in the comments below.