Any food with pasta or chicken in always goes down well in our house. So a Creamy Chicken & Pesto Pasta combo recipe will work a treat.
Whats for dinner?
Pesto on the other hand was something that my lot would turn their noses at. The pesto adds some great flavour to pasta dishes.. so on the cards for dinner is Creamy Chicken and Pesto Pasta. A lot of the time a meal in our house has to be either well prepared or really quick and simple. This recipe is very easy and quick to make. It’s also relatively cheap too, I bought the ingredients from Aldi, but price-wise, it’s pretty much the same wherever you go. Here’s my version of it:
Creamy Chicken & Pesto Pasta
- 400 g Chicken Breast Fillets diced
- 1 Medium onion diced
- 2 Garlic cloves crushed
- 300 ml Single Cream
- 2 tsp Pesto contains nuts
- 50 g Peas
- 1 Tbsp Oil Vegetable, sunflower, coconut etc
- 250 g Pasta Fusilli or Penne works well
- Add 1tbsp of oil to a deep frying pan.
- Add the onions and garlic and lightly fry over a medium heat, until translucent.
- Add 1tsp of Pesto to the pan and lightly stir in.
- Add the diced chicken to the pan and fry over a medium heat until thoroughly cooked.
- Add seasoning to your taste
- While the chicken is frying, cook the pasta as per instructions.
- Once the chicken has thoroughly cooked, add 1tsp of Pesto and a small handful of peas/runner beans/spinach and stir well.
- Take a small ladle of the pasta water and pour into the frying pan and stir through. (starch water will add a creamier texture)
- Pour the cream over the chicken and stir well, ensuring everything is coated well.
- Allow to simmer for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- After 10 minutes, turn the heat off.
- Drain the pasta and mix well into the chicken and cream.
- Allow to sit for a few minutes.
- Serve and Enjoy!